This was adapted from the Hawthorn Pullover in Interweave Knits except I wanted a cardigan. This yarn has been trying to become a brown cardigan for 3 or 4 years and had gotten it's first several inches knit in an entirely different pattern before getting ripped out. The latest incarnation made it onto the "must get done before the baby comes" list of project finishing. I knew that it would languish indefinitely if it waited any longer.
I can't model it because it's sized to "pre-baby" me. I wanted it to be quite form fitting because there were sleeveless dresses I wanted to wear with it in fall. I'm a little worried the sleeves turned out too snug but we'll have to just wait until post-baby sizing to get a true picture. Here I come Fall 2012! :)
Today was one of those crazy productive days.
- Milled enough wheat to fill the gallon jar of flour
- Garbanzo beans were cooked and pita dough was made for falafel tonight
- A batch of strawberry jam was made
- Out in the garden I had my first "snack as you go" for the season - peas, radishes, strawberries and one tiny carrot that needed to be thinned. There was also a lot of grass removal and seed planting as well as almost 6 lbs. of strawberries harvested.
- One load of laundry was folded along with other miscellaneous cleaning
- Two quarters of the color wheel quilt got done - although they may have to be resewn. Getting the curve pinned and sewn so everything lies flat is very very tricky.
At about 3:30p, I came in from the garden and noticed my ankles were swelling so I've put myself on a prescription of fluids and putting my feet up for the rest of the day. Considering my challenges self-regulating, it would probably be helpful if nature gave me such clear signs of overdoing it even when I wasn't pregnant. I do hate "cankles" so I'd probably pay attention.