Sunday, April 11, 2010
New Summer Dress
Here's this year's addition to my summer collection of "playclothes" made from the same easy sundress pattern. (Side note - I just noticed that in previous years I'd added 1 1/2" to the pattern. This year I forgot that. I thought the dress was a bit more snug. I'm glad that my assumption that I'd just gained that much weight was incorrect! I'll have to decide whether it's comfortable to wear.) I bought the striped material as a remnant so I had to supplement it with a brown bodice. I designed and embroidered the lotus on to tie it all together a bit. I know the pocket stripes aren't lined up with the dress body. I decided that that was better than foregoing the pockets, which was my only other option with such a limited amount of fabric.